Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ma Fry

For this West Highland Way trip I am once again known as 'Ma Fry', also-Mummy, MUMMMMM!, Mother, and WOMAN!. It's quite endearing to hear a 16 year old boy crying out 'MA FRY!!! HELP ME WITH MY SHOES!'. I will admit all this Mother Hen-ing does make the female hormones churn a bit more. I dare say that keeping charge of 7 boys in hostels whilst putting up with others around is more than just bit stressful. I feel like the most fearsome Mother Hen EVER. It's like i see someone even looking at one of my boys' snacks and i just go into absolute battle-mode. I really think if someone took something that was labeled ours, I might just go off the hook. It's not really the idea that they are taking something that isn't THEIRS, it's that the stuff belongs to one of 'my boys', mess with them, your messing with the wrong lady wolverine. Primitive instincts? Thank you for kicking in! Another thing. Alright, so I know we've got some 'different' people travelling with us, I know very well they can be uneasy to be around, they can be annoying, they can make you uncomfortable, BUT REALLY PEOPLE----GET OVER IT! Personally, I would really like someone to make some comment, I really would. For instance, a pair of women who stayed with us last night, obviously had an issue with us. But instead of being assertive and upfront about whatever was bothering them, they just chose to be social outcasts with a severe lack of humor and people skills.....hold up, maybe I'm assuming too much and maybe that was just them, woops. I think the kids would like to see a good row, they really do get a hoot out of watching 'the American' blow up. Maybe I should just start a fight. What I can't get over is that I'm not even hormonal now, and neither is Janka (my other female coworker on this trip), what gives with this temper?! The boys lucked out so much that there isn't raging hormones going on, that would so bad, I'm laughing about it actually. One of the boys last night asked when supper was ready, before I could give him a good enough smart answer he went right for it and said 'Is is going to take as long as a piece of string is long?' He should be proud of his mother for teaching him that. This is such a useful space to bitch, my bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment